Tuesday, October 27, 2009

So goes the autumn...

... and no climbing for Sari... well some at the Foundry climbing wall where I work part-time.. I am really trying to learn to be good boulderer this year... no luck yet. Still stuck on the Font 5b's... (well the odd Font 5c/6a)....

My Msc Geography course is taking all my time - I have about 5 essays due next month, Russian language exam, workshop, conference, deadlines...... I must have had very dossy jobs before because I have never felt this sort of stress. But the good thing is that I love my course, my knowledge of glaciology and climatology have vastly increased and with little bit luck my thesis will bring me back to Kyrgyzstan next summer. If it will, I hope I might have week or two to learn beginners big walling there, I did see some pretty amazing picture by Swiss Nina http://www.ninacaprez.ch/blog/?p=482.
My course will certainly bring me to Svalbard for 2 weeks in July as that belongs to the course curriculum. Some something exciting ahead for next year! Maybe some ski touring there after the trip?

But first of all... I am looking forward Christmas and Korouoma (Finnish Lapland), and a bit skiing in Pyha again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment