Friday, April 16, 2010

SPRING .... IT'S GRIT TIME!!

After a LONG and cold winter the crags of Peak district have finally woken up and buzzing with climbers = ) Everybody is training hard; 8s are being climbed in Malham and hard climbs are ticked on boulders; but most of all - everyone is preparing for a beutiful spring ahead! Although I am facing big deadlines with my course in May and I have a field season to prepare, I have been lucky enough to squeeze in couple of days of climbing in Millstone, Almscliffe and Roaches. In Millstone I finally climbed the Great North Road HVS 5a (I big tick for me!!!) and the Lyon Corner House HVS 5a. In Almscliffe I climbed Central Climb and Square Chimney & Whisky Crack (both VS's) and in Roaches we had a great outing on Valkyrie (VS 4c) (ooh yeah I did the step!!!) and on the big roof of the Sloth (wohoo!!!) plus practised the big roofs of Wombat and Simpkins Overhang. A good start for the season - maybe I will climb an E1 this spring? 

Sari seconding Embankment 3 E1 5b (Photo: Adam Potter)

 Sari leading Great North Road HVS 5a (Photo: Jenny Williams)

Millstone crag (Photo: Jenny Williams)

  And finally.... the Sloth HVS 5a!!!! Photo: Jenny Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment