Monday, October 11, 2010

Beaten by Kustavi jamming!

I am back to Helsinki, to my home town! I have been away for long time, altogether 11 years. But luckily, thanks to Elisa, Marjut, Artturi and many others, I have felt myself very welcome back home. On my first weekend in Finland, my finnish pals took me away to Kustavi, which is located at the west coast of Finland. I was so excited, but then I heard that it's all about jamming in Kustavi. Bloody bleeding fingers that means! Thus, on Saturday morning we found ourselves on beautiful sea cliffs of Riskeläisniemi. There we climbed big granite offwidths and jamming cracks such as the famous offwidth classic called Kivekset (HVS 5a). I couldn't commit to the top move which has no protection, and I felt SO stupid. So easy climbing but I had no 'balls' to finish it. On Sunday Elisa and the gang took me to Hopiavuori and I got to practice jamming on 'lastenhuoneen avaimet' and 'ensimmäinen pioneeri'. I didn't take a fall nor did I rest on my gear, but my climbing style was far from a beautiful and steady onsight. But I did get my onsight, but just.

Elisa on Kivekset HVS 5a

Elisa on Ensimmäinen pioneeri HVS 5a
Marjut on Sireeni

No comments:

Post a Comment