Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Kyrgyzstan here I come!

On friday 4th June my trip to Kyrgyzstan starts. In Kyrgyzstan, I will be investigating the ever so important dust, its effects on snow/ ice albedo, and the tiny bacterias that attach themselves to the dust particles. I will be spending 25 days in Golubina glacier collecting very important field data for my masters thesis; for example, I will be collecting samples, taking photographs, measuring dissolved oxygen and with little bit luck, a good deal of mountaineering too.

On friday I will travel with Tolstoi train to Moscow where I'll spend two days sightseeing; I hope to see Kremlin and the Red Square for sure! On sunday evening I will depart Moscow with the transsiberian express to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, where I will be on thursday morning. Exciting times ahead. Watch the space for photos! 
   
Kokshaal-Tau range by Sari Nevala

No comments:

Post a Comment