Monday, September 13, 2010

Memories of Peak District

My time in Sheffield is soon coming to an end. It really is an end of an era for this girl. Next friday is my last day in Sheffield. I have just about completed my masters degree in Polar and Alpine science and it is time to move on. So some of you will see me soon in Helsinki, others will be missed greatly. It has been great two years, I have visited many great places, found amazing hidden gems, met lots of amazing people and I even managed to climb E grades that I never thought I would do. Here is a collection of photos of my best times in the Peak!
Peak District
Rainy day in the Peak
Found some sheep
The world famous heathers of the Peak district
Stanage - my other home!

Having great time on Great North Road HVS 5a

Millstone with all its glory

My first onsight E1 - Embankment 4












Peter having fun on Knightsbridge E2 in Millstone
Fern crack VS 4c in Stanage - cant go wrong!
And we even climbed this... Old classic Parsons Chimney in Almscliffe!
Having soloing fun in Almscliffe
And... finally the Slought HVS 5a!
It really is very beautiful in Roaches! Sari seconding Hawkings E1 5b

No comments:

Post a Comment