Monday, September 27, 2010

Sea cliffs in Cornwall

After the submission of my thesis I spent 10 days climbing around UK. I started my trip in Southern England in Cornwall with my friend Mel and for four days we adventured the sea cliffs of Bosigron, Chair Ladder, Gurnard's Head and Carn Kenidjack. The weather was beautiful, climbs superb and thrilling, and I overcame my fear of multipitch HVS's. On our first day we climbed the famous classic Brown Jug (VS) and battled up the exposed and thuggy Paragon (HVS).  In Carn Kenidjack we enjoyed the thrilling abseils to the exposed sea cliffs and tiptoed up the beautiful lines of Saxon (HVS) and Rock Dancer (E1). In addition, we enjoyed the major classic and tremendous traverse called Right Angle (HS), which ranks amongst the best climbs that I have ever climbed. And we didn't finish our trip easily, instead we battled up the burly and thuggy Diocese (VS). Beautiful Cornwall..... what more can I say. Lovely, lovely and lovely, and a great way to end my stay in UK. 
Bosigron ridge
Mel on the belay of Right Angle HS
Going for the last pitch of the Right Angle HS
Mel topping out the Doorpost in Bosigron
Mel on the Saxon HVS 5a
Cliffs of Chair Ladder
Sari on the Diocese VS 5a traverse. Wicked climb!!

No comments:

Post a Comment